Here you'll find a list of "other things" I've written - either book forwards, articles for magazines or content for other blogs. It's not exhaustive - just some of the best of or most interesting things I've been lucky enough to write at other places than this blog. I've also listed books where I was lucky enough to be a technical editor for as well.
Python Magazine Articles
While Python Magazine was short-lived, I was very lucky to act as a content editor/technical reviewer and also write some articles I'm pretty proud of. Since the magazine is defunct, but they gave me license to republish the articles here, these are links to the republished articles.
- Python Threads and the Global Interpreter lock
- YAML Ain't Markup Language
- SSH Programming with Paramiko
- A (brief) introduction to Python-Core development
- Get with the Program as contextmanager
- An Interview with Adam Olsen, Author of Safethreading
I've been lucky to be involved in a few books - either as an technical reviewer, or in the case of two books - I was honored and lucky to write the foreward to them.
- Dive Into Python 3 by Mark Pilgrim- I was lucky enough to write the foreward for this book - I've published the full foreward to my blog - "Dive into Python 3: The Foreward"
- The Python Standard Library by Example by Doug Hellmann- Again, I was lucky to write the foreward for this. You can read the full foreward on Safari Books Online
- Natural Language Processing with Python - This was a big job - I was a technical reviewer for this.
I've written a bit "elsewhere" - here's a small collection of posts from other places:
- The PyCon Blog - obviously, being pretty heavily involved with PyCon - I've written a bit for the PyCon blog(s) (See the 2011 specific blog as well).
- The Nasuni Corporation blog - as an employee, I've been lucky to write quite a few blog posts for the Public blog. Here's a selection of the "best of" that I've posted:
- What Happens when the Cloud Goes Down?
- Encryption Keys, User Data and Subpoenas
- The Taxonomy of the New IT Ecosystem: IT as a Service
- Private vs. Public Clouds Part I: The Five Key Attributes of the Cloud
- Private vs. Public Clouds Part II: Defining Public and Private Clouds
- Private vs. Public Clouds Part III: Which Cloud Storage Option is best for You?